The Sketchbook Project 2013 - Sketchbook sent!




You may remember me telling you I joined this project called The Sketchbook Project 2013. I wrote about it here and here. Yesterday I finally sent my sketchbook to Brooklyn Library. Yeah, it's in the mail!!

This was the first time I joined the Sketchbook Project. Next year I want to do it again if I can! Making it made me want to create more with pencils and inks and give the computer some rest for a while. I knew I wanted to draw about my favorite Portuguese city. I did not plan it much. I just took a look at some photos I made and sketched from it. It meant a lot because I have a great passion for Oporto and it feels wonderful to know that I can share it with some people far away in the USA. I don't consider myself an artist but I like the fact I can express myself with words but also visually. I enjoyed creating the drawings but did not have much time to do it. Got the sketchbook in early December but I think the project started in April. I am really thrilled that people from several cities in the USA will have a chance to look into it! The sketchbook will tour Brooklyn, Austin, Atlanta, Toronto, Chicago, Portland, SF, and LA!






From the Sketchbook site: The Sketchbook Project 2013 is a global, crowd-sourced art project where participants from all walks of life were sent a sketchbook and had until January 15th to fill the pages and return it for inclusion in a traveling exhibition and permanent collection at The Brooklyn Art Library.


From Facebook Page: Art House creates community-supported, worldwide art projects that are open to everyone. It's an independent Brooklyn-based company that organizes global, collaborative art projects. The projects are open to everyone. Art House's flagship endeavor is the Sketchbook Project: an evolving library that features more than 18,000 artists' books contributed by creative people from 130+ countries. They also operate the Brooklyn Art Library, it's the storefront exhibition space in the heart of Williamsburg, as a home for all of the projects.

Art House began in 2006 in Atlanta, GA, and moved to New York City in 2009. Since that time, the small organization has grown into a worldwide community of more than 60,000 artists. By focusing on the intersection of hands-on art making and new technology, Art House nurtures community-supported art projects that harness the power of the virtual world to share inspiration in the real world.





Comments